The word "copyright" or the symbol © indicates that a song is legally protected by the U.S. copyright law and is the private property of the owner. The copyright notice at the bottom of a song indicates the identity of the copyright owner. For common copyright questions, click here.
The information listed below relates only to the local use of the congregational hymns and under no circumstances do these licenses convey the right to reprint any choral, handbell, keyboard, instrumental or other Alfred Sacred, Jubilate Music or HW Gray publications.
Whenever words or music of any of our copyrights are reproduced for congregational singing purposes, on the page with the song, the author's and composer's name or names must appear along with an appropriate copyright notice. For example:
Words by John Doe. Music by Jane Doe.
Copyright © 2016 by Jubilate Music Group, Brentwood, TN 37024. Used by Permission.
Free Permission To Print The Words Of Choral Music In Church Bulletins
Jubilate Music Group grants free permission to print choral music texts in church bulletins (for the purpose of congregational understanding only), when the choral music containing our copyrights has been purchased in quantity by the church. The printing of words to be used for congregational singing is illegal without including the copyright notice as indicated above. Most Jubilate Music Group anthems include a separate congregational page for reproduction purposes, which includes the proper copyright notice.
If your church is an active member of CCLI, OneLicense.net or LicenSingOnline, the reprinting of lyrics in church bulletins is covered through these agreements and no direct license from Jubilate Music Group is needed. However, under no circumstance do the CCLI, OneLicense.net, or LicenSingOnline licenses provide for photocopying choral music.
Reprint Permission For Permanently Out Of Print Items
Depending on the individual piece, when an item is discontinued from our catalog, there are two possibilities:
- It may now be available through our "Print-on-Demand" service. Please call us toll-free (1-866-742-7212) or email us at email@example.com to check the status of the piece in question.
- If the product is not available as a print-on-demand item, we are happy to work with you to grant permission to make legal photocopies for a reasonable per-copy price. Please call us toll-free (1-866-742-7212) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss. Please allow up to two weeks for a response. If you need a response sooner, please indicate “Rush” on your request (additional rush charge will apply).
Permission To Record
If you would like to use a Jubilate Music Group copyrighted song on a recording of any type, you should request a Mechanical License in writing. Please email your request to email@example.com. Please include the following details in your request:
- The title of the composition(s) that you wish to record, including the writer and/or arranger of the composition.
- The name, address, phone and fax numbers of the Licensee. The Licensee can be a record label, a group such as a church, or even an individual.
- The name(s) of the performing artist and/or group recorded.
- The playing time of the recording in minutes and seconds.
- The form(s) in which the album will be released, such as compact discs and cassettes, and the initial number of compact discs and/or cassettes that will be manufactured.
Jubilate Music Group is also represented by the Harry Fox Agency, which issues mechanical licenses and collects fees on behalf of many music publishers. The "FAQ" section of the Harry Fox website provides useful information about the licensing process. It is your choice whether to seek a license from Jubilate Music Group directly or to go through Harry Fox.
The permissions listed below are additional permission requests Jubilate Music Group facilitates regularly. Contact us at 1-866-742-7212 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Permission to Arrange
Arranging a Jubilate Music Group copyright (or creating a new voicing based on an existing arrangement).
Non-Commercial Website Use
Displaying Jubilate Music Group copyrighted music on a website.
Synchronization Request (Record a Video)
Making a video in which Jubilate Music Group copyrighted music is included.
Commercial Use Request
Using Jubilate Music Group copyrighted material for commercial use.
Permission for Judges' Copies for Competitions
Request for Jubilate Music Group to provide complimentary copies for judges at upcoming competitions.